Monday, November 18, 2013

Gender Roles?


This society favors society-made-gender-roles than self expression. That's what's unfair. Us girls can't express ourselves because we are being fooled by this world's mundane laws that women have to keep their feelings towards men.



Women are not robots. Women have eyes, ears, hands, mouths, brains, and hearts. We have feelings. And yet when women use those things to express ourselves, we get judged and labeled as shallow, stupid, cheap, easy-to-get, flirtatious, desperate, and some other euphemisms used for prejudice. It sucks. It's unfair.

If I like a man, I'd rather keep my feelings that tell him I like him. Why? Because that same man has prejudice against women too. I remember breaking the rule once. I did tell someone about my feelings for him and got rejected. It's okay to be rejected, yes. But if the rejection is because I am a woman and I was the 'first' one to express my admiration, it's not fair enough.

Men are the head of the women. That's a fact. But is that enough for us to be limited by this society to express our emotions? Being subjective to men doesn't limit us from saying what we feel or doing what we want. These men should realize that women have their rights too.

No comments:

Post a Comment